The CES Knowledge Exchange is now available on our website. To read it, click here.
A few items that may be of interest to you and your work:
- A delegation of mental health charities from Northern Ireland travelled to the UK to meet MPs about mental health priorities.
- A new approach to teen substance abuse in Iceland may be piloted in the west of Ireland.
In blogs and resources
A blog from the LSE considers the impact of socio economic factors such as class and financial difficulties on children as they grow older. It is based on data from a longitudinal study.
- The Early Intervention Foundation has identified six pitfalls when evaluating early intervention programmes, and how to avoid them.
- A new report from the New Philanthropy Capital (NPC) highlights some learning for social projects which aim to grow or scale up.
In policy and research
A briefing from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation on poverty in Northern Ireland.
- A thematic report from the Central Statistics Office on educational attainment, particularly in relation to the labour market.
- A transcript from a discussion in the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Education and Skills, on the topic of teacher recruitment. The Teaching Council and other stakeholders in education contributed to the discussion.
Centre for Effective Services
9 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Tel: + 353(0) 1 416 0511