Men’s Health Week #MHW2017
June 12th – 17th 2017
Who is the HIM in your life?
Men’s Health Week will shortly be upon us and in keeping with the theme for this year, “It’s all about HIM” . The HSE Healthy Ireland – Men (HIM) Action Plan was published last November and outlines a number of actions to promote and improve men’s health in Ireland. We would ask that you to take a moment to think about the HIM or the HIM’s in your life. It may be your husband, partner, brother, uncle, grandfather or son. It may even be you.
The HSE is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of its staff and wish to highlight some of the key health messages and campaigns for staff themselves. As employees of the health service we continuously strive to positively influence the behaviours of the nation and encourage people to focus on their health and wellbeing, but it is equally important that we take the time to consider ourselves and those closest to us.
It is in that spirit that we would like to remind you that all the services we offer are available to you and those nearest and dearest to you.
Men’s Health Week officially starts on Monday 12th June, with a build-up taking place over the weekend. Each day will focus on a different theme as detailed below:
- Saturday 10th June – Practical Actions To Improve Mental Fitness http://www.yourmentalhealth.ie/
- Sunday 11th June – Keeping Your Heart Healthy http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/publications/topics/Heart/
- Monday 12th June – Food And Physical Activity: http://www.hse.ie/eng/about/Who/healthwellbeing/Our-Priority-Programmes/HEAL/Key-Facts/
- Tuesday 13th June – Trash The Ash – Men And Smoking www.quit.ie
- Wednesday 14th June – Men and Alcohol www.askaboutalcohol.ie
- Thursday 15th June – Men Overcoming Cancer (bowel screening programme) https://www.bowelscreen.ie/
- Friday 16th June – Men And Sexual Health http://www.hse.ie/eng/health/hl/yoursexualhealth/
- Saturday 17th June – Men And Healthy Relationships http://www.hse.ie/eng/health/hl/yoursexualhealth/
MHW and @HSElive will be active on Twitter next week, join the conversation at #MHW2017