Expressions of interest sought for Model of Care Working Group (Talking Therapies)
Improving access to evidence-based talking therapies (e.g. psychological therapy, psychotherapy, counseling) continues to be a priority for our mental health services. In order to ensure greater integration, consistency and equity of access across community mental health services, while maintaining opportunities for local innovation and solutions, HSE Mental Health has recently initiated a national service improvement project with a view to developing a Model of Care for adults (18-65 years) accessing talking therapies while attending specialist mental health services.
A National Steering Group has been established to oversee the delivery of this project, chaired by undersigned in my capacity as National Clinical Advisor and Clinical Programmes Group Lead – Mental Health. The Model of Care will be evidence-based and informed by stakeholder perspectives, and the Steering Group is committed to providing opportunities for meaningful engagement with service users, family members, staff and other key stakeholders.
At this point, and in order to ensure completion of this project to the highest possible standard and within agreed timelines, the Steering Group wish to establish a multi-disciplinary Working Group for the duration of the project.
Expressions of interest to become member of this Working Group are sought from individuals who meet the following requirements:
- Significant experience working with adults who attend specialist mental health services
- Recognised professional qualification in one or more talking therapies, e.g. qualification recognised by the ICP, IACP or PSI
- Working at least two to three days per week delivering talking therapies
- Knowledge of the evidence-base for talking therapies and stepped/layered care delivery models
- Commitment to the development of recovery-oriented and service user/family member centered services.
The following is also desirable:
- Experience in delivering service improvement initiatives as relevant to the objectives for this project, e.g. access to talking therapies and stepped/layered care delivery models.
Further details can be found in the information booklet.
If your background and experience fits with the above requirements, and you are in a position to make the necessary time commitment, the Steering Group would like to hear from you. In order to express your interest, please complete and submit the expression of interest form along with your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 26 September 2018.
Dr Philip Dodd
National Clinical Advisor and Clinical Programmes Group Lead – Mental Health